Upcoming

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived
Player and Team Stats

January 28, 2008, 12:33 am

The new stats section is something that we?ve been developing for a long time now. It utilizes the skill points system to take us to a whole new level of competition. We?ve recently added overall game rankings, and we plan to do the same thing for our ladders. I really don?t think any of this will conflict with the normal ranking structure since there?s such a big difference between ?current? and the ?overall? rankings. But, it will give members the ability to make or break long standing records, and leave a legacy that will last long after their retirement. Trust me when I say that this new concept will play a major role in future competition.

Posted by: AgentAlpha

Comments

It's exciting to see the player stats finally incorporated after such a long time in development. They look excellent JD.

I like them. and in particular, I like where this seems to be heading.

Can you describe in detail what the rankings mean? For instance, other than the obvious Most Valuable Player, what does the MVP ranking mean and how is it calculated? Similarly, can you elaborate on the scoring for Singles and Teams?

The MVP rankings are determined bythe total amount of skill points that the player earned for his or her team.

The amount of skill points earned in matches is determined by ladder size, team size (in team competitions), and the defending rank. On the left panel, under the "Account" menu, there is a link for the "Skill Calculator." You can find out the exact skill point values using this tool.

If you have any further questions about the skill point calculations, please feel free to ask.

How do you know which five members of a 10 man roster played for the team in their match?

Well looks like on a 10 man roster, all 10 get skill points even if only 5 of them played.

I've notice the same thing, even those who have not played any match yet have the same point of those who played all of them.

That is another reason the competition roster is limited in size. It is intended for your first and second string players. Exactly why a leader needs to manage the team seriously! It's not an issue if substitutions are done and allowed for that ladder. But it still limits the number of people who get points, and didn't play. Call it kudos based on practice and the leader having them on the roster. Also another reason that the points are broke down to show what you earned individually, or with a team. It is better than giving an entire team points or having to attempt to list each player that participated in the match when reporting.

Soon we will also be incorporating the Hall of Fame section. There you can see who held what rank, for how long, how many times they were challenged, etc. Even if a player leaves a ladder and quits the game, his legacy will remain in the records. It will add a whole new incentive to play hard and move your way up the ladder.

Comment

Downloads

SWBF2 Server Patch Updated to v1.6By triphamm3r, November 3, 2014, 8:48 pm
SWBF2 Server Patch v1.5By [SL]Sprite, April 8, 2014, 9:45 pm
Patched BattlefrontII.exe server fileBy triphamm3r, September 14, 2011, 10:22 pm
SWBF2 Version Verification Tool (GWL LauBy [SL]Sprite, October 27, 2010, 8:09 am
GWL 6v6 Server Config FilesBy StingerPA, July 25, 2009, 2:45 am
Growler GunCamBy triphamm3r, April 7, 2009, 3:44 am
Here are a few resources My Tribes 2 WarBy EC_Lee, March 16, 2009, 3:02 am
+123 Mod v2.2By triphamm3r, February 27, 2008, 3:19 am
Squeddie's Map PackBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 1:00 am
SWBF2 Server ApplicationsBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 12:53 am