Upcoming

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived
Anniversary of 9/11 Attacks

September 11, 2007, 7:41 pm

Today marks the sixth year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks of 2001. All of us here at GlobalWarfighter want to express our sympathies to everyone who was affected by the tragic events. We thank all the brave men and women who put their lives on the line to protect others. And we thank all the generous people who have supported the victims and their families. To those who were lost and to those who served, you are true Americans and GlobalWarfighter honors you.

Posted by: Intrigue

Comments

Page 1 of 9

I didn't get the day off though, so I had less time to reflect

I didn't get the day off though, so I had less time to reflect

you live in canada

That makes no sense... I had to work today, I live in Boston. Are you saying you can't reflect on something because you didn't get the day off?

Canadians lost their lives that day too. I don't understand where you're going with this other than attempt to downplay the event. I hope that's not where you're going with this...

The event effected the entire world... not just the United States. To think lightly of it is to not think of the future. The world changed that day.. and continues to change because of it.

9/11 isn't a national holiday but a day of mourning. However, I don't see it as mourning any longer. I take pride in what the passengers on flight 93 did and honor the true heroes of 9/11.

And the sad thing is, it took a tragedy of this magnitude to bring our country together. Bin Crappen (Laden) thought he would destroy the US by doing what he did, yet it made us stronger.

im sorry im late on the news, but i lost members of my family on that day, i live in NYC, my aunt, who was very close to me, and 2 of my favorite cousins, but with all that it made NYC a better place, but there isnt much sadness. I guess we all moved on with our lives and how everything happened so fast.

and nobody gets off on 9/11, maybe in the future...

made us stronger my ass. look at who is still controlling government. and what have we done really? nothing.

-=|LT|=-Rahl wrote:

made us stronger my ass. look at who is still controlling government. and what have we done really? nothing.

Has the US had any attacks on our soil since? NO

We are safer than we were on 9/11/01, BUT we will never be safe from jihadists that are hellbent on causing terror in our society. I say, if we have another attack on our soil, that we make the entire Middle East one huge glass parking lot.

WOOT crazy! One big parking lot...

We are safer than we were on 9/11/01, BUT we will never be safe from jihadists that are hellbent on causing terror in our society. I say, if we have another attack on our soil, that we make the entire Middle East one huge glass parking lot.

agreed. nukes > diplomacy

Have we had attacks on our soil? no. have we started an unprovoked war? yes. have we annahilated an entire culture? yes. have we stopped the people that attacked us? no. do we know where they are? no. did we attack people that haven't even done anything against us? yes. don't give me that world war 3 sh** crazy. WW3 will be fought with nukes. WW4 will be fought with bows and arrows. learn some restraint.

WW3 will be fought with nukes. WW4 will be fought with bows and arrows. learn some restraint.

yea einstein wasnt quite as intelligent toward war as he was toward relativity. any war being fought in the mid-east will keep that same war out of America.

-=|LT|=-Rahl wrote:

Have we had attacks on our soil? no. have we started an unprovoked war? yes.

you do realize that there were 2 WTC center attacks, that Iraq, and Iran were behind, so yeah, you dont give me that sh**.

Page 1 of 9

Comment

Downloads

SWBF2 Server Patch v1.5By [SL]Sprite, April 8, 2014, 9:45 pm
Patched BattlefrontII.exe server fileBy triphamm3r, September 14, 2011, 10:22 pm
SWBF2 Version Verification Tool (GWL LauBy [SL]Sprite, October 27, 2010, 8:09 am
GWL 6v6 Server Config FilesBy StingerPA, July 25, 2009, 2:45 am
Growler GunCamBy triphamm3r, April 7, 2009, 3:44 am
Here are a few resources My Tribes 2 WarBy EC_Lee, March 16, 2009, 3:02 am
+123 Mod v2.2By triphamm3r, February 27, 2008, 3:19 am
Squeddie's Map PackBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 1:00 am
SWBF2 Server ApplicationsBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 12:53 am
SWBF2 Official 1.1 PatchBy triphamm3r, August 16, 2007, 5:20 am