Upcoming

Upcoming

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived
Anniversary of 9/11 Attacks

September 11, 2007, 7:41 pm

Today marks the sixth year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks of 2001. All of us here at GlobalWarfighter want to express our sympathies to everyone who was affected by the tragic events. We thank all the brave men and women who put their lives on the line to protect others. And we thank all the generous people who have supported the victims and their families. To those who were lost and to those who served, you are true Americans and GlobalWarfighter honors you.

Posted by: Intrigue

Comments

Page 7 of 9

I'd like to see some grammar on Rahl's side so I knew what he was saying.
Essentially it seems like he thinks the media is actually on Bush's side, when, in fact, most news agencies are either moderate lefties or extreme lefties and only report things that go wrong.
Fox is the only news agency that I respect to any extent, besides my local newspaper.

unless u are considering the daily show a new agencies, there aren't any extreme left new stations.

The fact that leet believes wikipedia and NPR as reliable sources... forces me to lose any respect I might have had for leet.
Wikipedia is written by people who possess their own opinions and will naturally exploit wikipedia to impose those opinions upon other people.
Lefties take things far too seriously. If the right acted on everything that came out of the mouths of the left, all the liberals in the world would be in rehab.
So that article criticizes Fox. Criticism is always based on opinion. It's like somebody criticizing the FSU Seminoles for being named after Native Americans, when the critic wasn't even a Native American. The Native Americans themselves have no problem with the Seminoles' name.
Find an article on wikipedia for any news agency that doesn't criticize it, then come see me.

[SL]Mr. Clark wrote:

The fact that leet believes wikipedia and NPR as reliable sources... forces me to lose any respect I might have had for leet.
Wikipedia is written by people who possess their own opinions and will naturally exploit wikipedia to impose those opinions upon other people.
Lefties take things far too seriously. If the right acted on everything that came out of the mouths of the left, all the liberals in the world would be in rehab.
So that article criticizes Fox. Criticism is always based on opinion. It's like somebody criticizing the FSU Seminoles for being named after Native Americans, when the critic wasn't even a Native American. The Native Americans themselves have no problem with the Seminoles' name.
Find an article on wikipedia for any news agency that doesn't criticize it, then come see me.

You do know that the article leet posted has its sources listed? As do many wiki articles. Wikipedia is a good source for primary information.

Really clark your being biased that you realize, your dismissing wikipedia because you assume that its garbage with no true information in it. I've used wikipedia for around 2 years now and you can tell me it isn't a reliable source and there are errors in it sometimes, but wikipedia is very reliable. Every article has a certain standard to meet, neutral tone, sources , notability. If an article doesn't meet these standards theres typically something about it at the top. Wikipedia usually tries to be as unbiased as possible and will present both sides of view, as they do in that article. Think what you will, but I personally have found wikipedia to be a very reliable source of information.

Really clark your being biased that you realize, your dismissing wikipedia because you assume that its garbage with no true information in it. I've used wikipedia for around 2 years now and you can tell me it isn't a reliable source and there are errors in it sometimes, but wikipedia is very reliable. Every article has a certain standard to meet, neutral tone, sources , notability. If an article doesn't meet these standards theres typically something about it at the top. Wikipedia usually tries to be as unbiased as possible and will present both sides of view, as they do in that article. Think what you will, but I personally have found wikipedia to be a very reliable source of information.

leet if you ever have to write a research paper, you cannot cite Wikipedia as a source. Ask any of your professors, Wikipedia is not a substantiated citation. Why do you suppose that is?

Neo pwns l33t for 99 damage.
l33t has been slain by Neo.
LOADING,...PLEASE WAIT

Must say I agree that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source.

eh, wikipedia does have a lot of reliable information, especially since most articles do in fact have the sources, which can be used as sources on papers, posted.

BUT, it is still an unprofessional source, and the sites they get them from are most likely also, unprofessional.

Last edited by str!der on October 11, 2007, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

wikipedia gets all its information from the sources found at the bottom under references. its not just out of midair.

then i take wikipedia off of your "source" list

wikipedia gets all its information from the sources found at the bottom under references. its not just out of midair.

then why can anyone edit any page? its WIKIpedia for a reason

-NEO- wrote:

then why can anyone edit any page? its WIKIpedia for a reason

So new information can be added and bad or unnecessary can be deleted.

So new information can be added and bad or unnecessary can be deleted

and who does the adding/deleting?

Page 7 of 9

Comment

Downloads

SWBF2 Server Patch v1.5By [SL]Sprite, April 8, 2014, 9:45 pm
Patched BattlefrontII.exe server fileBy triphamm3r, September 14, 2011, 10:22 pm
SWBF2 Version Verification Tool (GWL LauBy [SL]Sprite, October 27, 2010, 8:09 am
GWL 6v6 Server Config FilesBy StingerPA, July 25, 2009, 2:45 am
Growler GunCamBy triphamm3r, April 7, 2009, 3:44 am
Here are a few resources My Tribes 2 WarBy EC_Lee, March 16, 2009, 3:02 am
+123 Mod v2.2By triphamm3r, February 27, 2008, 3:19 am
Squeddie's Map PackBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 1:00 am
SWBF2 Server ApplicationsBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 12:53 am
SWBF2 Official 1.1 PatchBy triphamm3r, August 16, 2007, 5:20 am