Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived
Topic - Unscheduled Downtime
Page 1 of 2

Site FounderUnited States - South CarolinaJoined: 22 Feb 2003Posts: 2927

Globalwarfighter was down from 5 to 7 June, 2008 due to an unscheduled power outage. To avoid auto-forfeits, we are removing all open challenges made on 5 June, 2008. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lifetime MemberUnited States - New MexicoJoined: 17 Dec 2006Posts: 429

Where i live people dont schedule power outtages anyways but maybe thats just me...no problem tho

VeteranUnited States - TennesseeJoined: 29 Apr 2008Posts: 1478

Lol.

Dios Les Bendiga.

Lifetime MemberEscondido, CAJoined: 18 Aug 2006Posts: 101

yeah, next time try to let us know in advance please

Game ManagerCanadaJoined: 01 Nov 2007Posts: 1512

Yeah BC Hydro phones us up and says: "This is just a friendly notice that you will have an unsheduled power outage occuring withing the next 2 hours. Thank you for your understanding."

lol.

VeteranUnited States - IllinoisJoined: 13 Oct 2007Posts: 1619

Yes that's the joke.

VeteranUnited States - New JerseyJoined: 01 Nov 2007Posts: 232

i hoep i is. i dont anybody to kno my number especially him xD

Lifetime MemberMichiganJoined: 24 Feb 2007Posts: 426

-=LW=-nerfman wrote:

yeah, next time try to let us know in advance please

lol that would be a great idea.

VeteranNorth AmericaJoined: 10 Feb 2008Posts: 13

Dang! WGO had a match with us, We were so hyped about it to Sad

Game CoordinatorRI, USAJoined: 24 May 2006Posts: 1583

[IGF]Jack_Sparrow wrote:

Dang! WGO had a match with us, We were so hyped about it to Sad

If the site happens to be down at the time of a scheduled match there's no reason you couldn't go forward with it and just report match when site is back up.

If it is a question of roster checks, etc.... you should always review your opponent's roster when you challenge or accept a challenge. If there is a question that someone not on the roster played in match, etc.... then you would file a dispute instead of submitting loss. Providing that you have screenshots of score screens to prove who was in the server at time of match.

If everyone is following the rules and taking required screenshots and/or demos for matches then why would you not go foward with a match that 2 teams had been planning on?

Lifetime MemberMacomb, MIJoined: 26 May 2007Posts: 348

It is the policy of WGO team leaders to NOT play a scheduled match when matchcoms are unavailable. If only half the site is down and matchcoms are unavailable we will NOT play a scheduled match.

Matchcoms are the definitive word on the prearranged settings for a match. In their absense, a claim of open rosters or a map/time change can be missed. There is just too much that could go wrong to not just postpone and reschedule.

I recommend the same prudence to other teams as well.

Professor DreadNaught
volatilis , silens , mortifer
一般的數十名

class dismissed

Game ManagerCanadaJoined: 01 Nov 2007Posts: 1512

Depends really. If both team leaders confirm agreements on xfire to check that the setting are correct, then theres no problem.

If theres a diference, then either a)agree on one of them and keep an xfire log of the agreement b)don't play the match

Game CoordinatorRI, USAJoined: 24 May 2006Posts: 1583

ProfessorDread={WGO}= wrote:

It is the policy of WGO team leaders to NOT play a scheduled match when matchcoms are unavailable. If only half the site is down and matchcoms are unavailable we will NOT play a scheduled match.

Matchcoms are the definitive word on the prearranged settings for a match. In their absense, a claim of open rosters or a map/time change can be missed. There is just too much that could go wrong to not just postpone and reschedule.

Whenever a new matchcom is posted, whoever is assigned to recieve them (leaders, co-leaders and/or captains) get an email to notify them that there is a matchcom and what the contents of that matchcom are. Wouldn't this be appropriate backup for matchcoms, if an issue came up? I personally don't delete matchcom emails until a match is over, for that reason specifically - to have backup.

It is however your call if the site is down at matchtime. I'm not saying you HAVE to play your match. I'm just looking at it from the point of view of the person who organizes my team for matches, sets up practices, etc.... to go thru all of that hassle to say.... damn something's wrong with the site and I can't access it, so let's reschedule..... when I know, I have a backup of matchcoms, xfire convo's pertaining to match, etc.... it's just too much of a hassle. Then I need to start the whole process over again, starting with agreeing to a suitable day/time for both teams.....which we all know isn't always easy.

My main thing, is why make a big hassle for my team (and headache for myself) when I know my butt is covered with my backup emails, etc.... I always check roster's to make sure players are eligible to play in match... if open rosters are agreed to I make sure I'm familar with who was on roster at time of challenge. It all comes back to being organized and covering your's and your team's butt's. And like I said above, if you are taking the required screenshots and can prove who was in server for the match and an issue comes up, you have your evidence within the screenshot.

VeteranNorth AmericaJoined: 10 Feb 2008Posts: 13

ProfessorDread={WGO}= wrote:

And what happens if we cant re-schedule and then one team is required to forfeit. Just because you guys didn't want to play due to your own policies? I thought that was a GWL policy, If I had known it was your own, I probably would have fought against it..There is no reason that we shouldn't have played and that you guys can put in your own Policies in a GWL match..

I understand why you guys did it, But its not a GWL policy, So therefore it doesn't/will not apply to GWl..

Oh well, Whats done si done, Please have Biggs get back to me, And thanks!

Lifetime MemberMacomb, MIJoined: 26 May 2007Posts: 348

Sorry guys/gals, don't get me wrong. We still want to play. We just don't want it considered an official match. We will scrim at the designated match time and try, to the best of our ability to follow settings agreed to in matchcoms by recollection or email backups. We have our stated policy to keep from having additional headaches. The outage that lasted several days had matches cancelled that were actually played. It had people who played a match a week ago trying to post wins and loses and God forbid forfeits and no shows.

Better safe than sorry.

Professor DreadNaught
volatilis , silens , mortifer
一般的數十名

class dismissed

Page 1 of 2