Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived
GlobalWF on twitter

August 20, 2009, 10:46 pm

http://twitter.com/GlobalWF

GWL wrote:

GWL enters the world that is twitter... Very Happy Expect tweets regarding GlobalWF.com site status... along with GWL events and special notices.

An account has been setup on twitter for official notices from GWL regarding GWL events special notices.. and our site status (for instance, if the site goes down).

If you have a twitter account, add GlobalWF to your follow list. If you don't have a twitter account... you can set one up at www.twitter.com .

Posted by: triphamm3r

Comments

Page 1 of 2

Fix the Page, it looks really ugly

Hmmm. the tiled background?

I hate twitter so much =D
Its so annoying how tweets end up as the topic of discussion on the news and ESPN..

On the subject of the twitter page. The layout is horrible, and it is a black tiled background with dark gray text. Kind of makes it a pain in the ass to read wouldn't you say?

Last edited by VoodooChild on August 20, 2009, 11:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

{Pwn}_Sniper00124 wrote:

I hate twitter so much =D
Its so annoying how tweets end up as the topic of discussion on the news and ESPN..

I agree. You can't go 5 minutes without one of the anchors talking about how they tweeted so and so about the upcoming/previous season.

The design makes it really hard to read

Twitter, made specially for Cyber stalkers!

Seriously, it is freaking annoying.

Well.. we don't expect to be going back and forth socially with everyone... it's more as an extra resource for info at GWL. RSS feeds would be similar.

As far as our page goes... this is what I'm seeing:

However; I was seeing an FTP kinda view with everything everywhere and looked like crap.. but it seems sporatic.. so twitter might be having some kind of issue. It's not letting me log in to change the background image either.. so I'll try again in a few..

Edit..K.. I was able to login and changed the background to something not so busy...

Looks good now

Lol...Congradulations?

This'll be good for people who don't check the forums.

To fix the background so it fits all computer monitors requires using one of their templates.. and the images/themes are kinda loddy da. They limit file size for upload of a background image so I may be able to get an image with lower quality uploaded but higher resolution if I fiddle in PhotoShop.

Minwu wrote:

This'll be good for people who don't check the forums.

Exactly... let's say there's a power outage and GWL goes down.. A visit to our twitter page will let you know our status. It would serve as a GWL GameNight or tournament status notification resource as well.

I just want to be clear.. you don't have to get a twitter account to follow us on twitter. You can see our tweets at the page above without logging in to any account. Simply bookmark the page for visiting.

I guess it could be usefull. Twitter is still evil though.

Anyone with a widescreen past 720 will see the blue section due to the black steel image being that size. Stretch it or make it bigger then it should be fine Happy

Page 1 of 2

Comment

Downloads

SWBF2 Server Patch v1.5By [SL]Sprite, April 8, 2014, 9:45 pm
Patched BattlefrontII.exe server fileBy triphamm3r, September 14, 2011, 10:22 pm
SWBF2 Version Verification Tool (GWL LauBy [SL]Sprite, October 27, 2010, 8:09 am
GWL 6v6 Server Config FilesBy StingerPA, July 25, 2009, 2:45 am
Growler GunCamBy triphamm3r, April 7, 2009, 3:44 am
Here are a few resources My Tribes 2 WarBy EC_Lee, March 16, 2009, 3:02 am
+123 Mod v2.2By triphamm3r, February 27, 2008, 3:19 am
Squeddie's Map PackBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 1:00 am
SWBF2 Server ApplicationsBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 12:53 am
SWBF2 Official 1.1 PatchBy triphamm3r, August 16, 2007, 5:20 am