Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived
GlobalWF on twitter

August 20, 2009, 10:46 pm

http://twitter.com/GlobalWF

GWL wrote:

GWL enters the world that is twitter... Very Happy Expect tweets regarding GlobalWF.com site status... along with GWL events and special notices.

An account has been setup on twitter for official notices from GWL regarding GWL events special notices.. and our site status (for instance, if the site goes down).

If you have a twitter account, add GlobalWF to your follow list. If you don't have a twitter account... you can set one up at www.twitter.com .

Posted by: triphamm3r

Comments

Page 2 of 2

Twitter is bad.

Twitter is good

Wonshotkill wrote:

Twitter is bad.

IRC also gets the job done, but that doesn't seem to work here.

Blaster512 wrote:

Wonshotkill wrote:

Twitter is bad.

You probably use Myspace instead of Facebook also?

Actually we tried getting IRC going here a few times.. JudgeDoom experiments with that stuff alot and I think he has a few ideas brewing for updates to the site and IRC.

I also get sick of hearing the pundits go back and forth on TV about twittering. Senator Spector said this, so Grassley said that.. and now Spector says he's gonna call... and everyone giggling about the tit for tat. If you don't have that kinda thing then you have tv personalities taking shots at the media or each other. Twitter is community tool. Global Warfighter is a community... and as such should have community tools.

Hotwc512 wrote:

Blaster512 wrote:

Wonshotkill wrote:

Twitter is bad.

You probably use Myspace instead of Facebook also?

Actually just the opposite.

I use facebook, but not myspace.

Not everyone can connect to IRC to see the status of the site.

GWL's XFire guild can serve a similar purpose to Twitter, and we have more members on that than followers on Twitter.

TripHammer wrote:

Twitter is community tool.

Its a great Social Tool, most of it is just random crap, but it sometimes serves as a greater function

Page 2 of 2

Comment

Downloads

SWBF2 Server Patch v1.5By [SL]Sprite, April 8, 2014, 9:45 pm
Patched BattlefrontII.exe server fileBy triphamm3r, September 14, 2011, 10:22 pm
SWBF2 Version Verification Tool (GWL LauBy [SL]Sprite, October 27, 2010, 8:09 am
GWL 6v6 Server Config FilesBy StingerPA, July 25, 2009, 2:45 am
Growler GunCamBy triphamm3r, April 7, 2009, 3:44 am
Here are a few resources My Tribes 2 WarBy EC_Lee, March 16, 2009, 3:02 am
+123 Mod v2.2By triphamm3r, February 27, 2008, 3:19 am
Squeddie's Map PackBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 1:00 am
SWBF2 Server ApplicationsBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 12:53 am
SWBF2 Official 1.1 PatchBy triphamm3r, August 16, 2007, 5:20 am