Upcoming

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived

Archived
OnLive Launching June 17th, 2010

June 12, 2010, 1:18 am

The OnLive Game Service will launch on June 17th, 2010 during the E3 2010 Expo in Los Angeles. OnLive connects you to the hottest games instantly on your PC, MacŪ or TV through your broadband connection.

http://www.OnLive.com

Posted by: AgentAlpha

Comments

Title says "Lunching", not "Launching"

(Sorry for Grammar Nazi'ish post, but it's annoying ><)

Ill stick with steam

How much will this cost?
The base month-to-month service fee is $14.95. Loyalty programs (e.g. multi-month pricing) and other special offers will be announced by the start of E3. The first 25,000 qualified people to register on the OnLive Game Service will have their first 3 months? service fee waived. You?ll find all the important details here, and note that the service fee does not include the purchase or rental of games.

While it's nice to be able to get your game from any platform including TV... there's a $14.95 a month service fee for this (first 25,000 people registered get their first three months fee waived), you then have to pay for the game your buying or renting.

Playing from your TV is going to need some kind of input device for playing (maybe a controller plugged into something else too?). Monthly service fee and then you have to buy your game too. Then hope the company doesn't go under and you'll lose your digital rights like with what's going on at Reflexive Games. They're closing up their game section and everyone has to have their games installed by July 31st because they won't be able to activate them after that date. Which is fine as long as you don't change computers... because after that date, you've lost your digital rights and your game because the place closed up shop.

Steam's available on the mac as well now. There are increasingly more venues to get game digital rights from. Microsoft is getting into the digital rights to compete directly against Steam in their Games for Windows... (prolly won't see MS offering them on the mac though). Blizzard also has Battle Net which keeps track of your digital rights once you've registered. Digital Rights is the way to go in the age of upgrading and changing your system/platform... but I'm not into paying any more than I have to.. and right now, I don't have to.

Last edited by triphamm3r on June 13, 2010, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hotwc wrote:

Ill stick with steam

I would at least sign up for the Founding Member's Program before July 15th. This will get you one free year of OnLive.

Comment

Downloads

SWBF2 Server Patch v1.5By [SL]Sprite, April 8, 2014, 9:45 pm
Patched BattlefrontII.exe server fileBy triphamm3r, September 14, 2011, 10:22 pm
SWBF2 Version Verification Tool (GWL LauBy [SL]Sprite, October 27, 2010, 8:09 am
GWL 6v6 Server Config FilesBy StingerPA, July 25, 2009, 2:45 am
Growler GunCamBy triphamm3r, April 7, 2009, 3:44 am
Here are a few resources My Tribes 2 WarBy EC_Lee, March 16, 2009, 3:02 am
+123 Mod v2.2By triphamm3r, February 27, 2008, 3:19 am
Squeddie's Map PackBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 1:00 am
SWBF2 Server ApplicationsBy triphamm3r, August 19, 2007, 12:53 am
SWBF2 Official 1.1 PatchBy triphamm3r, August 16, 2007, 5:20 am